Friday, November 20, 2009

The World’s Worst Tourist

I suppose I haven’t gotten into the swing of being a tourist again. Although I never really was a good tourist in the first place, I feel now I have declined even more so.

After traveling 8 hours on a bus almost getting denied entry into the USA and then spending 12 hours on two planes I arrived to Lima, Peru. I took a cab straight to my couch surfing house. I was tired, hungry, and thirsty and my armpits were starting to smell like cheese. After a shower though I was fully up for going out. Several Pisco sours later I am drunk and dancing in a classy bar that doesn’t even have a dance floor. The things you can get away with when you are a Gringa. I even had the bartender doing the ol’ air guitar.

My first day in Lima was spent sleeping cuddling my bottle of water and nursing a hangover. I did eventually get out and explore the centre for a while but I didn’t bring my camera. My couch surfing friend thought it would be a great idea to get seafood. Hangover and tentacles don’t mix too well.

My second day I explored the beaches of Miraflores, This time with my camera. I was set! Except for the fact that it was clear sunny and sweltering hot and I was wearing jeans and no sunscreen. My jeans were glued to my butt all day and now half my face is beat red and the shape of my necklace is burned into my chest.

As for my plans, I have none. I do not know how long I will stay in Lima or what I am really doing here. I’m hanging out seeing things, taking in the lifestyle. Who needs plans anyway? I will leave when I figure out where to go next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog directory