Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Self Guided Walking Tours of Oaxaca City, Mexico


I was getting some momentum writing my blog while working on the seniors cruise last summer. I arranged trips just so I had something to write about and decided while I was stuck in Canada I might as well discover it and be a tourist in my own backyard. While doing so I was getting more hits and comments than before. People were offering me to write about the most random items which I normally refused. I then got an e-mail from GPSmyCity, an Iphone application company. They contacted me to partner with them to jointly develop city walk iPhone applications.

The application for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad will allow tourists the world over to conduct their own walking tour with GPS coordinates and an audio narrative guide developed by a local person or someone who has lived in the city and has insider knowledge of the city. The company currently has over 2000 walking tours available spanning over 180 cities worldwide.

The website states “GPSmyCity.com offers a new travel experience. We empower visitors to become their own tour guides.” With a tag line of “Lose yourself without getting lost.” All you need to do is go to the website www.gpsmycity.com and type in the city you are looking for in the quick city search box and a list of tours with descriptions will show up.

When asked to write tours I immediately thought of Oaxaca City Mexico. I lived in Oaxaca running a hostel, selling tours, conducting tours, writing for the local English newspaper, drinking large consumption of beer and mezcal as well as making an arse out of myself with my awful Spanish and stuffing my face with tacos and Tlayudas. Needless to say I am a bit of an expert when it comes to all things Oaxacan.

I wrote three different tours to be conducted in the Historic Centre of Oaxaca; Pubs and Clubs of Oaxaca, A Taste of Oaxaca and The Historic centre. In the tours I give you my honest tips to this quintessential Mexican city. Each tour is only $2.99 which is a great bargain. On your iphone you will see screen shots of each attraction with a written and audio description. The guide gives you step by step GPS coordinates with a map and compass.

If you want to see the “real” Mexico Oaxaca is your destination and these tours give you a glimpse into that rich Mexican culture. For more information about Oaxaca you can check out the local English newspaper The Oaxaca times www.Oaxacatimes.com

To see the article about my walking tours in Oaxaca Times follow this link;


3 comments:

  1. That's why it is best that you relevant researching previously penning. You're able to construct more desirable put up this way. free tour stockholm

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was a wonderful chance to visit this kind of site and I am happy to know. thank you so much for giving us a chance to have this opportunity.. free tour Stockholm

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog directory